TEEING UP IN GYM CLASS WITH THE FIRST TEE NATIONAL SCHOOL PROGRAM
In elementary schools in our community and across the United States, many students are teeing off for the first time thanks to The First Tee National School Program (NSP). We are bringing our life skills and golf curriculum to your child’s gym during physical education class. We are extremely excited to partner with our friends in Kansas City Kansas Public Schools to bring NSP to kids in all 30 elementary schools in the district! The Physical Education teachers in KCK have been excellent ambassadors of the program. They are not only teaching their kids how to golf, but they are also introducing them to The First Tee Nine Core Values and Healthy Habits. We are also bringing our NSP curriculum to the students of Center Elementary and Red Bridge Elementary in the Center School District as well as Gordon Parks Elementary School!
The First Tee National School Program gives gym teachers and physical educators the tools to get started. We provide the training, junior golf lesson plans, and equipment. In addition, teachers in Kansas City receive a booklet of fun games that they can use to engage students in the classroom!
- Create a safe introduction to golf for today’s students and teachers.
- Ensure that golf education meets the same national standards developed by the Society for Health and Physical Educators (SHAPE).
- Help students build character and confidence through the positive personal and social values associated with the game.
- Show students that golf can be a great part of a healthy and active lifestyle.
- Make the positive values of golf a part of the classroom and students’ everyday lives.